Friday, September 05, 2014

Deity Challenge: XXIV to XXX

XXIV.
Arianrhod's "help" is the Great Magic Starhawk talks about in her witchcraft seminal, powerhouse publication, which name is to me an evidence it was dedicated to Arianrhod: Spiral Dance. Arianrhod's "help" is carrying you forward in Her wheel, in Herself, initiating and empowering you in the process, enriching your experience and expanding your notion of Self. A makeover, if you will, most definetely all for the best.

Talk about "help".

Arianrhod has "helped" me all along my life journey.

XXV.
I never asked, She never refused.


XXVI.
From unwillingness and intrigue, maybe even avoidance, though more like resignation of ignorance (on my side) to revelation, enthusiasm and adoration, with the help of Hekate. While engaging a ritual to the Lady of the Key and the Torch in early August, I got to write and pronounce a request for blessings, and I focused on Wisdom, Light, and Understanding. As I rode the São Paulo metro back home that night, I started mind-mapping on my tablet a wealth of ideas and clarity, and it kept gushing down on me from the Source for over a month. I could only say yes to it all. That is how my actual realisation of the Fourth Branch of the Mabinogion happened in the first place.

Arianrhod is a marvel of Goddess spirituality, She is a powerful notion and presence in All-That-Is, and very few deities are as sublime, transformational and encompassing in their blessings as the Silver Wheel is. Wholesomeness is distinctive in Her touch. I understand and accept all that now.

XXVII.
By far, considering Arianrhod an aspect or temporary station of a changing thing. Whatever thing. I consider that pathetic, since Arianrhod can certainly be many things, except for a changing thing. She is dynamic, moving, universal and encompassing, but She does not go through stages Herself, nor happens in only one stage.

XXVIII.
How to sacrifice to Her properly. I guess I will have to journey to Caer Arianrhod to ask Her in person.

XXIX.
UPGs are free for all, and as a queer-minded, gay man, I do filter gods and goddesses I work with in that sense--just like any other person under the Web of Stars. To me, Arianrhod is in effect non-human, despite Her guise in the Mabinogion all for the sake of good storytelling, and as a mother, lady and game-master for the Divine Twins, shapeshifters into several guises they are (Oak King and Holly King, Enchanter and Promised Child, Lover and Hero, Sacrificial Victim and Liberator, Trickster and Sage), She is a patron of (deep) Gay relationships.

XXX.
Read the old stories. Read them with your heart. For all we have, despite being tainted, twisted, corrupted and distorted in incredible ways, they are the living repository of emotions, desires, processes and values of our Heroes and Gods. They were written the best way our Ancestors found, in order to teach us generations down the road. They are our heritage. Accept them, appreciate them, protect them, and above all GO BACK TO THEM. Read these stories, tell and retell them, work with them, reenact them, act them, journey into them, ask questions to the characters people in them. They are shades of Divine Light. Open the way to understanding. This is Great Work, and this is (one way) how we retrieve our identity, our magic, our knowledge and our Ways. And all of these are Arianrhod's blessings. Accept them, and help others find their way back to Her.

We are all circling in an ever-expanding spiral. Do not fight the pattern. Find and love your own Dance in it instead. And when you think you got it, go back to the beginning for another longer, deeper round.

0 comments: