Thursday, January 05, 2006

Time


I work in an office nine hours a day, Moon's day to Frigg's day. It's cool because I make very nice, stable money (a precious priviledge in Brazil these days) and I can use Internet and Ear Training softwares every weekday, but problem is that I am not finding any time for my Art out of the office. I arrive home almost at eight o'clock in the evening (when I don't have to go to the supermarket or something), and have to do laundry, wash dishes from the previous day, take the trash out, and cook the dinner and the lunch for the following day (I have to bring food to work from my house). Then, and only then I can do my solfege, read some stories to increase my storytelling repertoire, practice my scales on the piano.
I'm on Media Deprivation for almost two years now, and I usually don't go out for clubs or bars, so I don't know what else I can delete from my schedule to save some time.
Time is a big block to me.
Those of you, artists out there, how do you find time??

On time: Nightnoise's song 'Shadow of Time', written by the great Tríona Ní Domhnaill.


I see a strange man

Running silently

He never looks behind him

He has no time to see

He makes no sound, he has no voice

The ground he doesn't feel

But he's always on the run

And I wonder if he's real

Chorus:

Run on, run on, shadow of time

Run on, run on, shadow of time

His first name is today

His last name is tomorrow

He knows no pain, he knows no joy

He doesn't think of sorrow

Fast and small, he's slow and tall

He never stops to rest

But I know where he's goin'

'Cause I know him the best

(Chorus twice)


Photo: Chronos the Time

0 comments: